Friday, November 10, 2006

The Unbirthday Party

I have been giggling to myself now for 2 days about something silly I did. First, I need to give some background...For the past 3 years, I have been in a playgroup with the same group of women. We have met weekly for lunch and playtime with our children. The kids are friends, and the moms are friends, so a good time is had by all.

This week, playgroup happened to fall on one of the woman's birthdays. I thought it would be fun to host playgroup and turn it into a surprise birthday party. Well, the surprise was on us. After doing some email planning and buying a birthday cake (personalized of course), one of the other moms remembered that the birthday girl was not only not coming to playgroup; she was out of the country with her husband on a business trip!

So there we were, 4 moms and 7 kids singing Happy Birthday to someone not in the room! The kids thought it was hysterical, and so did we. Luckily, I did not go totally crazy and get the big bunch of balloons and decorations hung up.

No comments: