Monday, February 12, 2007

Poor baby

I am sure everyone here has heard the news about Anna Nicole Smith's death. The whole thing is so strange- first her son dies just a few days after she gives birth, then she dies. I am curious about the cause of death.

My guess is that the grief over her son's death combined with post-partum depression did her in. Though it is hard for me to imagine not fighting for your life when you have a new baby to take care of.

Now of course, the big question is who gets custody of the baby girl. Forgive me for cynicism, but I can almost see the dollar signs in the claimants eyes, not genuine concern for a baby with no mommy and fathers of dubious claims.

It is so frustrating to me, I almost want to jump in, divide the money between everyone wanting a stake, and just take the baby out of the mess and raise her away from the Meshuggah. I would think everyone would thank me, as no one seems to actually want to raise the baby, just her money.

If this travesty of parenting and family ties continues, I think we can reliably look forward to news stories 18 years hence about Anna Nicole's progeny getting into scrapes.

No comments: