Tuesday, April 08, 2008

I'm not saying this aloud, but...

I am whispering this in case Jacob hears and gets the wrong idea. For the last 3 days, he has not gone in his diaper and uses the potty all by himself! The key with Jacob is that he has to be in control. As soon as I showed him how to pee standing up and left him alone in the bathroom and to go whenever he chose- he is being really good about going. As soon as I remind him or ask him if he needs to use the potty- he rebels and refuses to use it.

So this method is working so far at home. I haven't figured out what to do in public since he can't just run to the mall bathroom on his own, but for now, I'll take what I can get. And some pee in the potty is better than no pee.

Now, I need to stop talking about it in case he decides to rebel. Anything that makes mommy happy is not in his agenda, so I need to totally ignore his diaper/potty usage.

No comments: