Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Catch Up

First I'm gonna whine a bit. I'd like to have a really good excuse for not blogging in the last month, but I dont. Let's just say camp ended, my babysitter left town and Matt took an endless business trip. By the time night rolled around, I was too tired to blog. I spent the evening surfing my TIVO and working on my book.

Yes, you read correctly, my book. For the last few months I have been diligently writing a Romance Novel. (Think bare chested male model ripping the bodice off glorious female.) It is my dream to finish a manuscript. I am quite a slow writer. I suppose it adjusts for the fact that I am an incredibly fast reader. I ponder over every word selection, much as one chooses a chocolate at the confectionary at Whole Foods. (You know the counter).

So, in between writing and watching the kids, we took a trip to Miami. Nate turned 5 years old and had an Animal Science Birthday party. No dissections took place, thank you very much. I will try to post pictures of the cupcakes later, because they were award-winning fabuloso. Matt and I celebrated our 10 year wedding anniversary. We left the kids with my in-laws for 6 glorious days while we relaxed at a resort in Costa Rica.

It was hard leaving the boys. I had never done it for more than a day. I cried on the airplane, but by day 2, I loved sitting down to a meal and staying seated. I did not have to jump up 14 times for juice, napkin, more anything! People waited on me and I loved it!

So that's been my life for the last month. School starts in a few days, and I can hardly wait. The boys have wonderful teachers, and it looks to be a great year.

No comments: