Thursday, November 01, 2007

Brows

I can't stop looking in the mirror; embarrassing but true. A few weeks ago, I was getting a bikini wax before my Costa Rica Trip. I confessed to the aesthetician I had never waxed, shaped, plucked or in anyway touched my eyebrows. Silence filled the room for a few seconds, then she roughly pushed my head back on the table and got busy with her tweezers.

Ten minutes and a few tears later, she announced, "There! Happy Anniversary," and shoved a mirror in my face. Now I had never had gorilla brows or tweezers would have met my face a while ago. So, I was underwhelmed by the difference she had made. I thanked her and went on my merry way.

A few days ago, I noticed a stray eyebrow hair. Then another, and another. I booked it to Elizabeth Arden where I shoved my head back on the table and endured some more reshaping. Now I am addicted. The subtle arch and thinning of my brows makes such a difference in the feminity of my face. So I keep passing mirrors and peeking at my brows. You can be sure that plucking/shaping will now be an integral part of my beauty routine.

No comments: