Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Hola from Barcelona!

I am posting today from Barcelona! On Monday, Matt, Nate, Jacob, my parents and I hopped on a plane (ok, 3 planes) and flew to Barcelona where we wil stay for 10 days. The boys were marvelous on the plane. It was a night flight, and they played for an hour or so then fell asleep for the rest of the flight.

Now that we are here, I am rethinking the whole trip. Jacob is not handling jet lag well. It is 11:30 pm now, and he is still up singing in bed after sleeping in the stroller through dinner.

Nate is not handling culture shock well. Today at the playground, he complained the swings here don't work as well as at home. He whined about the food choices. He whined about the lack of toys stores selling Go Diego Go products.

I am not handling the whining very well.

Once the jet lag wears off, I am sure we will have some fun, but right now the 10 days are stretching rather endlessly in front of me.

Keep checking back in for more updates and a travel log.

Adios and Lilah Tov! or "Boker Tov, Good Night!" as Jacob would say.

2 comments:

RSH said...

First the good news - the flight went well. Second the weather must be good or you would not be at playground.

The nice thing about jet lag is that it does wear off, if you can manage to live through Jake's late nights. Or, maybe it is not jet lag and he is just into the Spanish late night dinner routine.

Enjoy the playground and other stuff to do.

Jami said...

3 planes? Did you and Matt take one plane, your parents another and the boys another? :)

I'm so impressed that you've already been to a playground and toy stores already...I haven't done even close to that much this week and I haven't left the country!

Can't wait to hear about the rest of the trip.