Sunday, March 23, 2008

Story Retirement

The other night I went out for drinks with some other mom friends. I found myself telling a funny anecdote and had some deja vu. The story is pretty funny, so I've toldit often in the past few years. My friends around the table politely laughed- even though they may have heard the story before.

So, this is my call to myself and others. Retire the story. Yep- tell it one last time, then make a vow to retire it. Find a new story to tell. I happen to like this particular story, so I am going to tell it one last time on my blog then retire it. If you are ever in my presence and I tell it please just hold up 2 fingers so I know I have broken my retirement clause.

the story goes like this: I usually tell this in a crowd of women comparing most incompetent husband stories. When I went into labor with Nate, Matt drove me to Sibley hospital at 6 in the morning, and we checked in to a L&D room. We were just settling in when my OB/GYN arrived and poked in to see how we fared.

Before I could say a word, my darling husband, however, held up his hand and told the good Doc, "I'm ok, but I got a bad splinter on the way here. Can you take a look?" So, my Dr SCRUBBED up, got a needle and tweezers and removed Matt's splinter. ON MY PREGNANT, LABORING BELLY!!! We have the pictures to prove it.

Matt's favorite part of the story is that Dr. H didn't even charge for his services. No insurance claim forms- nothing. I guess OB/GYN forms don't have the correct code for splinter removal.

No comments: